We are now fully re-opened and look forward to welcoming back our visitors old and new. Your continued support will help us to rebuild and recover during these unprecedented times.
We appreciate that your visit to the Castle will be different from before and we have introduced some changes to ensure that we can open our doors and keep everyone safe. We please ask that you look out for signage around the Castle or seek guidance from our team to help with the new procedures.
We have achieved our We’re Good to Go award. This is an industry wide standard that shows the Castle and Museum have adhered to government and public health guidance by putting in place the necessary protocols to keep our visitors and staff safe during this time. Find out more about this scheme here.
Our opening hours are:
Tuesday to Saturday 10.00am – 4.00pm
Last Museum entry 3.00pm
Last food orders 3.00pm
Last drink and cake orders 3.30pm
It is important to us that we continue to give you a five star, world class experience during your visit.
• Please keep to the recommended 2 metre social distance from others
• Wherever possible we have created a one way system so you can move safely move around the building
• We have placed hand sanitisers at key locations for your use
• Hand washing facilities are available in the visitor toilets
• We have changed our visitor toilets to single use only
• We have undertaken a deep clean prior to reopening
• Our daily cleaning schedules have been reviewed and upgraded
• Our team will wear personal protective equipment in line with Scottish government guidance
•We ask that visitors wear face coverings in our retail space and museum as stated within Scottish government guidance
• We ask that, wherever possible, you use contactless payments
• We have introduced a safe way of payment in the Cafe and Gift Shop areas
• When visiting the Castle Cafe we are recording the name and contact details of those who enter to support NHS Scotland’s Test and Protect. Find out more about Test and Protect and the collection of personal data here
• Please ensure that you book your table prior to arrival at the Castle Cafe
All our tables will be positioned two metres apart
• All tables and chairs will be cleaned between use
• We will limit the number of visitors into the Castle and Museum at any one time
• We have introduced separate entry and exit doors