This page sets out the details of The Black Watch Castle and Museum’s privacy notice in relation to information collected about you.
Who we are
The Black Watch Castle and Museum
The Black Watch is a charitable company registered in Scotland | Charity No. SC005848
What information do we collect about you?
We collect the personal data that you may give as part of reservations, online purchases, donation forms, e-newsletter sign-ups and visitor surveys.
Personal information we collect may include:
- Your name, title and date of birth
- Postal address, email address and phone number
- Current interests and activities
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a visitor, customer or supporter of The Black Watch Castle and Museum and may consist of details of:
- Event reservations / attendance
- Family and next of kin details for children’s events
- Online purchases
- Contact preferences
- Name, address and Gift Aid status for Gift Aid purposes
- Details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- Employment information and professional activities
- Where relevant, selected media coverage
- Any other information provided by yourself at the request of The Black Watch Castle and Museum
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
What we do with your information
Depending on your relationship with The Black Watch Castle and Museum, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used by us for the following purposes:
- Send you promotional or marketing by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- Informing you of other products, services or events related to The Black Watch Castle and Museum such as exhibitions, events, or retail offers.
- News and updates about The Black Watch Castle and Museum, such as e-newsletters.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with The Black Watch Castle and Museum
- To send you surveys, and for market research purposes
- Tools may be used to monitor the effectiveness of our communications with you, including email tracking, which records when an e-newsletter from us is opened and/or how many links are clicked within the message. The data from this tracking is generally used in an aggregated and anonymised form
You can opt out of any / all of our communications at any point by contacting email@example.com
How we update, screen and analyse your information
We continuously review records of supporters to ensure your data is as accurate as possible. We may consult alternative sources in order undertake these checks, such as:
- Reviewing employment information that you have made publicly available via social media
- Companies House and other company information databases
- Charity Commission and Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR) registers
- Any other publicly available sources
Where we appoint an external party to undertake a screening of information, any such arrangements will be subject to a formal agreement between The Black Watch Castle and Museum and that organisation, to protect the security of your data.
Who we might share your information with
We do not disclose personal data to any third parties or external organisations, other than data processors carrying out work on our behalf.
We do occasionally need to transfer your personal information overseas, for instance to our bulk email distributor, MailChimp. Where this is necessary, this may be to countries or territories around the world.
We are required to ensure any transfers of data will be done securely, in accordance with best practice, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 until 24th May 2018 and General Data Protection Regulation from 25th May 2018.
Your data will never be sold or passed to any third party for any other purpose.
How we keep your information secure
We have implemented security procedures to protect the personal data that we have under our control from:
- Unauthorised access
- Improper use or disclosure
- Unauthorised modification
All our employees and data processors, who have access to, and are associated with the processing of personal data, are legally obliged to respect the confidentiality of the personal data we hold.
How can I access the information about me, correction and deletion of information?
You can ask us if we are keeping any personal data about you and you can also request to receive a copy of that personal data – this is called a Subject Access Request.
To make a Subject Access Request you will need to provide adequate proof of identity such as a copy of your passport, birth certificate or driving licence before your request can be processed. Please try to be as clear as possible about the information you are seeking.
Once we have received your Subject Access Request and proof of identity, you will receive an initial response from us within 30 days and you will be able to get copies of any information we hold on you. However, exemptions to disclosure and deletion may apply in some circumstances.
Subject Access Requests should be sent to:
The Black Watch Castle and Museum
At any time you may request that we delete or correct your personal information. If you wish to correct any information on you held by The Black Watch Castle and Museum, simply contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Pages on The Black Watch Castle and Museum website include links to relevant content within www.blackwatchshop.co.uk - this privacy notice only applies to these websites.
Changes to our privacy notice
We regularly review our privacy notice, and may make changes time to time. Any changes made will be posted to this page, and will apply from the time we post them. This privacy notice was last changed on 16th May 2018.
How to contact us
If you have any comments on our privacy notice, or information we hold about you please contact us:
- by email email@example.com
- or write to us at The Black Watch Castle and Museum, Balhousie Castle, Hay Street, Perth, PH1 5HR.